The list of foods below is simply a start…we’ve had people with all different forms of inflammatory chronic disease get great results following our complete healthy lifestyle plan. I share more about it below and hope that this information helps those looking for a Sarcoidosis diet plan that works.
First of all, for those of you who don’t know, my husband was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in August 2014 and because of our “protocol” if you will, he’s been in remission since 2014.
So this has been a question I’ve heard thousands of times over the years and one I’ve dedicated 3 chapters and 3 audios of my Education Beats Medication wellness series to. Diet is a big piece of the puzzle to your healing. When it comes to the best Sarcoidosis diet plan, I’ve researched and re-researched exactly what to eat and what to avoid but I must say that everyone is different. What food is right for one, may be wrong for another and that’s why every person must have a food intolerance test. It’s just that simple.
Although this is true, there are some very important basics to follow on your Sarcoidosis diet. Here are some of the foods I recommend and my husband has used as part of his “Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment Plan” which has been successful for him and numerous other people suffering with chronic inflammatory illnesses.
Sarcoidosis Diet Plan
Sarcoidosis diet basics: Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease which causes granulous tumors to form in any organ of the body; eyes, skin, brain, heart, lungs, lymph, liver, etc. etc. Thus you need to eat a diet high in anti-inflammatory foods. To check just how “inflamed” the foods you eat are, you can go to nutritiondata.com and enter the foods you eat to see how you are doing.
Below you see a number after each food…this is the IF or Inflammation Factor. Foods with positive IF rating are considered anti-inflammatory and those with negative IF ratings are considered inflammatory. I’ll discuss a few that I personally disagree with and think we should eat more of after your read through the list of those that you may want to eat as part of you Sarcoidosis diet.
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FRUITS
- Avocados, raw +181
- Cantaloupe, raw +76
- Grapefruit, raw, pink and red +18
- Guava, raw +131
- Kiwi fruit, (Chinese gooseberries), fresh, raw +34
- Lemons, raw, without peel +19
- Papaya, raw +33
- Pineapple, raw, all varieties +65
- Strawberries, raw +28
- Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average +14
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY VEGETABLES
- Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt +222
- Cabbage, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt +384
- Chard, Swiss, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt +243
- Carrots, raw +209
- Kale, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt +439
- Pumpkin, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt +95
- Spinach, raw +78
- Sweet Potato, cooked, baked in skin, without salt +378
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY NUTS AND SEEDS
- Almonds, oil roasted, without salt added +312
- Flaxseed +823
- Hazelnuts or Filberts +437
- Macadamia, oil roasted, without salt + 636
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY OILS AND FATS
- Cod liver oil +16539 *excellent used topically for scar tissue & inflammation
- Flaxseed oil +2297
- Hazelnut oil +1357
- Olive oil +1137
- Salmon oil +30284
- Sunflower oil, high oleic (70% and over) +1576
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Anchovy, European, raw +595
- Caviar, black and red, granular +415
- Herring, Pacific, cooked, dry heat +1380
- Mackerel, salted +2661
- Roe, mixed species, cooked, dry heat +1046
- Salmon, canned, sockeye, drained solids with bone +2502
- Shad, American, raw +1996
- Trout, Rainbow, wild, cooked, dry heat +520
- Tuna, White, canned in water, drained solids +698
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SPICES AND HERBS
- Cayenne pepper +1481
- Curry powder +371
- Garlic, raw +4863 *excellent for Sarcoidosis
- Ginger, ground +1447
- Onion, powder +794
- Parsley, raw +301
- Turmeric, ground +1523 *excellent for Sarcoidosis
BEST ANTI-INFLAMMATORY GRAIN
- Quinoa (not really considered a grain…but I put it here anyway)
My personal favorite Sarcoidosis diet foods are Tumeric and garlic…you can never have enough garlic!
Should Coconut Oil Be A Part Of Your Sarcoidosis Diet Plan?
You will notice that coconut oil is not listed above because nutritiondata.com thinks that this saturated fat is somehow inflammatory despite the fact that it doesn’t generate free radicals and can’t be used to make eicosanoids. I think everyone should be using coconut oil internally and topically for all the numerous health benefits and I include 20+ more highly effective anti-tumor foods along with 30 simple recipes & 10 expert audio interviews in my total wellness series which helps people with Sarcoidosis get better results, avoid side effects & save money!
One of the interviews with Jeffrey Zavick of ImmunoLabs explains why one simple food intolerance test could prevent all chronic disease from manifesting and save millions of lives. Click sarcoidosis natural treatment to preview our wellness series and start thinking outside the prescription with us.
If you are looking for all this information and more, including Sarcoidosis diet recipes, how to relieve pain, increase energy & reduce coughing naturally, be sure to get this series. It’s the Sarcoidosis survival guide we wish we had the day he was diagnosed in 2015.