I’ve had the priveldge of working with weight-loss surgery patients for the past six years seven years (at the time of this post). During this time, I’ve learned what habits my most successful patients change in their life, and stick to long-term. I try not to “get on my soap box” too often when I’m counseling pre-op patients, but at the same time…I want them to succeed so I love sharing with them
Planning ahead is a major component in reaching your weight loss goals. It will help you to stay on track with your diet, avoid diet downfalls and help you cut cost at the grocery store! Follow the steps below to successfully plan a healthy menu for your week!
1. Download your Meal Planning Template – We’ve created a Weekly Meal Plan Template for you to use. Click here or on the image below to download your meal planning template! Scroll Down For Your PDF File
2. Make a list of healthy, protein-packed meals that you enjoy preparing, or recipes you would like to try. For example, some of our favorites are Pesto Chicken, Chicken Fajitas, Spinach and Turkey Burgers and Pork Tenderloin.
3. Make a list of healthy side options. These lists will continue to grow as you find more recipes that you enjoy; so keep this in a safe place! A few of our favorites are Roasted Green Beans, Tuna and White Bean Tossed Salad, Fajita Bell Peppers and Onions and Cauliflower Rice.
4. Using your Meal Plan Template, add healthy entrees and side options to each meal time. If you do not like to cook, do not overload yourself. Try making 3 dishes and have leftovers from those dishes on the days you decide not to cook. Please download our sample Post Bariatric Surgery Meal Plan for reference.Click here for download if link not working click here
Doctors and nutritionists may vary in terms of what kind of diet plan to follow AFTER your weight loss surgery procedure, but most have the same basic idea.
Follow your particular instructions of course, but here are some plans from other Bariatric Surgeons and nutritionists when you find yourself needing a reminder or re-start.
Download PDF : Click Here
Note : If the PDF does not working kindly click any Advertisment ads ads for Your Meal plan pdf file
From Highland Hospital, downloadable plans:
- Diet #1 (Discharge Diet): Liquid Meal Plan.
- Diet #2: Pureed Meal Plan.
- Diet #3: Soft Meal Plan .
- Diet #4: Lifestyle Meal Plan (Face Sheet).
- Fruit: Lifestyle Meal Plan (Fruit).
- Protein: Lifestyle Meal Plan (Protein).
- Starch: Lifestyle Meal Plan (Starch).
- Fats: Lifestyle Meal Plan (Fats).
From Brigham + Women’s Hospital, Boston:
- Preoperative Diet: For Patients Who Do NOT Have Diabetes
- Preoperative Diet: For Diabetics
- Postoperative Diet: Gastric Bypass
- Postoperative Diet: Lap Band