Allergies : Tragic teen died from Food Allergy after he forgot to carry EpiPen in his skinny jeans

0
36

Dylan Hill collapsed after eating a curry in an Indian restaurant with his girlfriend and did not have medicines with him

Tragic: Dylan Hill

A teenager died from a Food allergy because he forgot to put his EpiPen in the pocket of his skinny jeans.

Dylan Hill, 18, collapsed after eating at an Indian restaurant with girlfriend Demi, but did not have the adrenaline-filled syringe with him.

EpiPens are used to treat severe allergic reactions.

Dylan’s devastated father Anthony Robinson, 36, said: “EpiPens aren’t practical for an 18-year-old lad who likes to wear skinny jeans.

“But it is there for a reason – people are not indestructible.”

RexTarka Dal
Tragic: Dylan was killed by his Food allergy after eating curry

Stepmother Kayte, 34, added: “Dylan never refused to take his pen, he often forgot it. For any young lad wearing skinny jeans they are impractical and these pens need to be made smaller.”

Apprentice builder Dylan, of Barnsley, South Yorks, fell ill on Sunday an hour after eating a korma with Demi, 18.

His dad said: “He had known for years he had the allergy – I was always telling him to carry his EpiPen and inhalers, because he had asthma as well.

Dylan Hill
Tragic: Dylan Hill

“He would say, ‘I know, I will’, but as he got older he didn’t really take it out as much. He got a bit lax and often went out without it. He was 18 and thought it wouldn’t happen to him and he would have time to get to a hospital if it did.”

He continued: “Dylan has had reactions before, but I didn’t think it would be that serious. I can’t believe it. Everyone who knew him is devastated and in shock.”

Kayte added: “You never think it’s going to happen to you. When it does it’s devastating. Demi is heartbroken.”

Facebook Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here